Job requirements Community And Social Services Worker near London (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a community and social services worker near London (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Social and community service workers (NOC 4212).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a college or university program in social work, child and youth care, psychology or other social science or health-related discipline is usually required.
- Previous work experience in a social service environment as a volunteer or in a support capacity may replace formal education requirements for some occupations in this unit group.
- Social service workers may be required to be a member of a provincial regulatory body in some provinces.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Ontario||Child And Youth Worker||Regulated (voluntary)||Ontario College of Trades|
|Social Service Worker||Regulated (compulsory)||Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: