Job requirements Osteopathic Manual Practitioner in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as an osteopathic manual practitioner in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Practitioners of natural healing (NOC 3232).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners usually require completion of a three- to four-year diploma program in traditional Chinese medicine from a private institute or completion of a program in traditional Chinese medicine from recognized medical schools abroad.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for traditional Chinese medicine practitioners in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for acupuncturists in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Acupuncturists usually require completion of a three-year diploma program in acupuncture from a private institute or completion of some university undergraduate studies in science and training in a related health care discipline or work experience under the supervision of a registered acupuncturist.
- Other occupations in this unit group usually require completion of training programs specific to their type of practice and some supervised practical training.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: