Job requirements Electrical Station Operator - Electrical Power Systems near Longueuil (QC)
Find out what you typically need to work as an electrical station operator - electrical power systems near Longueuil (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Power engineers and power systems operators (NOC 9241).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Power engineers require a college training program in stationary or power engineering and several years of work experience in the field.
- Power engineers require a provincial or territorial power engineering or stationary engineering certificate according to class.
- Stationary engineer trade certification according to class (4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st class) is compulsory in Nova Scotia and Quebec and available, but voluntary in New Brunswick.
- Power systems operators require completion of a three- to five-year power system operator apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in electrical and electronic technology.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary for power system operators in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Control room operators at nuclear power plants require licensing from the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: