Job requirements Greaser, Engine Room near Gaspé (QC)

Find out what you typically need to work as a greaser, engine room near Gaspé (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Water transport deck and engine room crew (NOC 7532).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Some secondary school education is required.
  • On-the-job training is provided.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Canada Able Seafarer Regulated (compulsory) Transport Canada, Government of Canada Canada Able Seafarer, Bridge Watch Rating Regulated (compulsory) Transport Canada, Government of Canada Canada Able Seafarer, Engine-room Rating Regulated (compulsory) Transport Canada, Government of Canada

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Date modified: