Job requirements Financial Services Representative near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a financial services representative near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Financial sales representatives (NOC 6235).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required.
- A mutual funds license is usually required.
- Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
- Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
- Various training programs and courses are offered by the Institute of Canadian Bankers and may be required by employers.
- Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: