Job requirements Maintenance Manager near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a maintenance manager near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 0714).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Facility operation managers require completion of a college or university program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance or An equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance.
- Maintenance managers require completion of a college or university program in electrical or mechanical engineering or in another discipline related to building maintenance or An equivalent combination of technical training and experience in building maintenance.
- Several years of supervisory experience in facility operations or maintenance are usually required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Canada||Maintenance Supervisor (transportation)||Regulated (compulsory)||Transport Canada, Government of Canada|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: