Job requirements Landscape Architectural Technician near Vancouver (BC)
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a university or college program in agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture, landscaping, landscape design or landscape technology is usually required.
- Experience as a landscape and grounds maintenance labourer may be required for golf course superintendents, landscape gardeners and landscapers.
- An apprenticeship program is available for horticulturists, arboriculturists and landscape gardeners.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title of Professional Technologist.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|British Columbia||Arborist Technician||Regulated (voluntary)||Industry Training Authority British Columbia|
|Horticultural Technician Foundation||Regulated (voluntary)||Industry Training Authority British Columbia|
|Horticulturalist (production)||Regulated (voluntary)||Industry Training Authority British Columbia|
|Landscape Horticulturalist||Regulated (voluntary)||Industry Training Authority British Columbia|
|Tree Assessor (dangerous Trees)||Regulated (compulsory)||Western Forestry Contractors’ Association|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: