Job requirements Garment Repair Seamstress in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a garment repair seamstress in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Tailors and dressmakers require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit men's or women's garments and may require completion of college or other courses in tailoring or dressmaking.
- Furriers require several years of experience in selecting pelts and making, fitting, styling and altering fur garments and accessories.
- Milliners require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit hats and caps.
- Alterationists require demonstrated ability to sew, alter and repair garments.
Professional certification and licensing
We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: