Job requirements Garment Repair Seamstress near Ville de Saguenay (QC)
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Tailors and dressmakers require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit men's or women's garments and may require completion of college or other courses in tailoring or dressmaking.
- Furriers require several years of experience in selecting pelts and making, fitting, styling and altering fur garments and accessories.
- Milliners require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit hats and caps.
- Alterationists require demonstrated ability to sew, alter and repair garments.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: