Job requirements Arts And Crafts Leader - Sports And Recreation near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as an arts and crafts leader - sports and recreation near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 5254).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college program in recreation or physical education or extensive experience in a specific recreational or sports program activity is usually required.
- Certification is usually required in a specific area of recreational, sports or fitness activity, such as ski instructor or personal trainer, or in first aid or emergency care.
- Demonstrated ability in a particular recreational, sports or fitness discipline is required.
- Fitness appraiser certification may be required for fitness appraisers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: