Job requirements Retail Salesperson near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a retail salesperson near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Retail salespersons (NOC 6421).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- A university degree or college diploma may be required by some employers.
- Specific subject matter courses or training may be required.
- Demonstrated sales ability and product knowledge are usually required for retail salespersons who sell complex or valuable merchandise, such as automobiles, antiques or computers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Ontario||Hardware||Regulated (voluntary)||Ontario College of Trades|
|Lumber And Building Materials Retailer||Regulated (voluntary)||Ontario College of Trades|
|Motor Vehicle Saleperson||Regulated (compulsory)||Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: