Job requirements Supervisor, Yard - Mining And Quarrying near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a supervisor, yard - mining and quarrying near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Supervisors, mining and quarrying (NOC 8221).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college or university program in mining technology or engineering may be required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience in the occupations supervised are usually required.
- Provincial certification as an underground mine supervisor, shift boss, or coal mining supervisor may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: