Job requirements Taxi Dispatcher in British Columbia
Find out what you typically need to work as a taxi dispatcher in British Columbia. These requirements are applicable to all Dispatchers (NOC 1525).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Police and emergency dispatchers are required to complete formal on-the-job training. Other dispatchers usually undergo some informal on-the-job training.
- Police and emergency dispatchers and other radio operators usually require provincial radio operator's certificates.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: