Job requirements Taxi Dispatcher near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "taxi dispatcher" was moved from the group Dispatchers (NOC 1525) to the group Dispatchers (NOC 14404).
Find out what you typically need to work as a taxi dispatcher near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Dispatchers (NOC 14404).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Police and emergency dispatchers and other radio operators usually require provincial radio operator's certificates.
- Police and emergency dispatchers are required to complete formal on-the-job training. Other dispatchers usually undergo some informal on-the-job training.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: