Job requirements Design Technologist, Electrical And Electronics near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a design technologist, electrical and electronics near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2241).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology, computer engineering technology, telecommunications technology or an equivalent is usually required for electrical or electronics engineering technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology is usually required for electrical or electronics engineering technicians.
- Certification in electrical or electronics engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title "Professional Technologist."
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: