Job requirements Gas Fitter near Kingston (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a gas fitter near Kingston (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Gas fitters (NOC 7253).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- or three-year gas fitter apprenticeship program or Several years of work experience in a pipefitting trade and completion of a high school, college or industry gas fitter program are required.
- Gas fitter trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- A provincial gas fitter licence is usually required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: