Job requirements Distance Education Program Co-ordinator near Calgary (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a distance education program co-ordinator near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 4166).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in education or in a discipline such as social science or business administration is required.
- A master's degree in education may be required.
- Specialized training or certification may be required.
- Several years of experience as a school teacher are usually required.
- A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is usually required when employed by provincial education ministries.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: