Job requirements Diamond Grader - Jewellery Manufacturing near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a diamond grader - jewellery manufacturing near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers and related occupations (NOC 6344).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is usually required.
- A watch repairer certificate is compulsory in Quebec and Ontario.
- Experience as a jewellery, clock or watch assembler may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: