Job requirements Investment Manager - Financial Brokerage in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as an investment manager - financial brokerage in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (NOC 10020).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A university degree or college diploma in business administration, economics or other related field is usually required.
  • Several years of experience within the appropriate industry are usually required.
  • Licensure appropriate to the service sold, such as real estate, mortgage, securities or insurance, may be required.
  • In the securities and investment industries, a recognized financial designation may be required (CFA, CFP, CIM or others).
  • In the insurance industry, a recognized professional designation is usually required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
British Columbia Investment Fund Manager Regulated British Columbia Securities Commission

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: