Job requirements Conference And Meeting Planner near Toronto (ON)
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A university degree or college diploma in business, tourism or hospitality administration is usually required.
- Several years of experience in hospitality or tourism administration or in public relations are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Certification relating to special events, meetings or conference management may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Ontario||Special Events Coordinator||Regulated (voluntary)||Ontario College of Trades|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: