Job requirements Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing in British Columbia
Find out what you typically need to work as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing in British Columbia. These requirements are applicable to all Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- For industrial meat cutters, completion of a program in industrial meat cutting or Experience as an industrial butcher or trimmer is required.
- On-the-job training is provided for industrial butchers, poultry preparers and trimmers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: