Job requirements Transport Driver near Lévis (QC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a transport driver near Lévis (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
- A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Québec||Line Truck Driver||Regulated (voluntary)||Emploi Québec|
|Truck Driver||Regulated (compulsory)||Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: