Job prospects Harvest Hand near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Harvesting labourers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a harvest hand.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 90 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture:more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: