Job prospects General Farm Worker near Sudbury (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for General farm workers near Sudbury (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a general farm worker.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The Northeast economic region accounts for about 4.0% of all farms in Ontario. Timiskaming, Algoma and Parry Sound, have the highest number of farms in the region and all have sizeable agricultural workforces along with Greater Sudbury. A large number of farms in the region are beef cattle ranches and oilseed and grain farms. Though the total area of land used for farming activities fell throughout the region, the agricultural industry is expected to grow in the coming years in northern Ontario. A longer growing season due to warmer temperatures and more abundant and cheaper land may support new farming activities. Between 2011 and 2016, the agricultural workforce increased in several areas in the Northeast including Timiskaming, Algoma, Sudbury, and Greater Sudbury.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 490 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 74%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: