Job outlook General Farm Worker near Kingston (ON)
Job opportunities for General farm workers (NOC 8431) are fair near Kingston (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a general farm worker.
Job opportunities near Kingston (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Kingston - Pembroke region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The Kingston–Pembroke economic region accounts for about 7.0% of all farms in Ontario. The majority of farms in the region are in the counties of Renfrew and Hastings. Despite having fewer farms in the region, total agricultural employment is highest in the county of Prince Edward. Like many areas of the province, the total area of land used for farming activities fell throughout Kingston–Pembroke. A large number of farms in the region are beef cattle ranches and oilseed and grain farms.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Kingston - Pembroke region:
- Approximately 800 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 82%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for General farm workers (NOC 8431) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: