Job outlook General Farm Worker near Edmonton (AB)
The job outlook for a general farm worker working near Edmonton (AB) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all General farm workers (NOC 8431).
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The production of recreational and medical cannabis, and associated product development has created demand for this occupation. In Alberta, the cannabis industry is concentrated in the areas of Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge-Medicine Hat. The recent legalization of edible cannabis products may lead to new job opportunities.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,320 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture: 79%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for General farm workers (NOC 8431) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: