Job outlook Installer, Radiators - Automotive Service in Alberta
Job opportunities for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an installer, radiators - automotive service.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 3,600 people work in this occupation.
- Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 47%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 29%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 58% of other automotive mechanical installers and servicers work all year, while 42% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of other automotive mechanical installers and servicers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers (NOC 7535) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: