Job prospects Electrical Mechanic in Québec
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" in Québec or Canada.
Job opportunities in Québec
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) in Quebec for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in Quebec:
- Approximately 9,600 people work in this occupation.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 18%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 6%
- Plastics and rubber products manufacturing (NAICS 326): 5%
- 74% of electrical mechanics work all year, while 26% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 47 weeks compared to 43 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of electrical mechanics are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: more than 95% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: less than 5% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 6% compared to 19% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 68% compared to 19% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 18% compared to 22% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 11% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) or Canada.
- Date modified: