Job prospects Electrical Mechanic in Ontario
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" in Ontario or Canada.
Job opportunities in Ontario
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) in Ontario for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in Ontario:
- Approximately 1,300 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 25%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 19%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
- Electrical equipment, appliance and component manufacturing (NAICS 335): 6%
- 76% of electrical mechanics work all year, while 24% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 47 weeks compared to 43 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of electrical mechanics are self-employed compared to an average of 15% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 94% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: 6% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 6% compared to 9% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 23% compared to 25% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 22% compared to 8% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 40% compared to 22% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 7% compared to 24% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 13% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) or Canada.
- Date modified: