Job prospects Electrical Mechanic in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) in Alberta for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in Alberta:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 37%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 17%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 7%
- 80% of electrical mechanics work all year, while 20% work only part of the year, compared to 61% and 39% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 48 weeks compared to 42 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of electrical mechanics are self-employed compared to an average of 15% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 92% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 8% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: less than 5% compared to 10% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 16% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 44% compared to 13% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 25% compared to 19% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 11% compared to 21% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 9% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "electrical mechanic" Electrical mechanics (NOC 72422) or Canada.
- Date modified: