Job prospects Electrical Mechanic in Alberta
Job opportunities for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an electrical mechanic.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 500 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 21%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 11%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 75% of electrical mechanics work all year, while 25% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 41 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 9% of electrical mechanics are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: