Job outlook Electrical Mechanic near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) are fair near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an electrical mechanic.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Investments to upgrade power infrastructure to meet the needs of the growing population, particularly in the downtown core, will support work for electrical mechanics in the Toronto region. Toronto is also home to several large electrical equipment manufacturers that produce power-related goods, automation tools, and industrial equipment.
Here are some key facts about Electrical mechanics in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 560 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Electrical mechanics mainly work in the following sectors:
- Electrical equipment, appliance and component manufacturing (NAICS 335): 21%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 14%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 10%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: