Job outlook Aircraft Rotary Mechanical Systems Technician near Ottawa (ON)
Job opportunities for Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 7315) are good near Ottawa (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an aircraft rotary mechanical systems technician.
Job opportunities near Ottawa (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 7315) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
In Ottawa, these mechanics, technicians and inspectors are more likely to work in support activities for air transportation and public administration compared with the rest of the province. Ottawa is home to the province's second busiest airport and has a large presence of defence and security operations because of the federal government. Increasing levels of airline passenger traffic for tourism, government and business travel will support job prospects in this field. At the same time, government spending on defence services will also influence job opportunities for workers in the Ottawa area.
Here are some key facts about Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 290 people work in this occupation.
- Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 67%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 17%
- Other transportation equipment manufacturing: 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: