Job outlook Terminal Supervisor - Motor Transport in Alberta
Job opportunities for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 7305) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a terminal supervisor - motor transport.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 7305) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 6,500 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Truck transportation (NAICS 484): 42%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 15%
- Transit and ground passenger transportation (NAICS 485): 8%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 69% of supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 40 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 19% of supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Good|
|Red Deer Region||Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: