Job prospects Terminal Supervisor - Motor Transport near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a terminal supervisor - motor transport.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 7305) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
E-commerce, or online shopping, has gained a growing percentage of total retail sales across Canada in recent years. In 2016, e-commerce accounted for just over 2% of all retail sales nationally. This jumped to 3.6% in 2019. In response, retailers have built large fulfillment centres near urban areas to bring down delivery costs and times. The pandemic caused e-commerce to balloon, leading to a high demand for this occupation. It is unlikely that the trend will reverse.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 2,340 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 64%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 12%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: