Job outlook Independent Practice - Registered Nurse near Lévis (QC)
Job opportunities for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) are good near Lévis (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an independent practice - registered nurse.
Job opportunities near Lévis (QC)
The employment outlook will be good for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in the Chaudière - Appalaches region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A college diploma in nursing or a university degree in nursing, and a license from the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec are required to practice in this profession in Quebec. Since health network managers prefer to hire a more versatile workforce, graduate nurses are in great demand. Their proportion has increased within the workforce. In fact, university training in nursing is increasingly required, mainly in CLSCs and family medicine groups. Autonomy, the ability to work as part of a team, listening skills and empathy are the most often required skills.
Employment growth in this occupation will depend on growing health care needs, particularly those related to population aging, as well as on health-related government priorities. As needs are increasing, the employment outlook remains excellent and will foster the hiring of these professionals over the next few years.
Here are some key facts about Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Chaudière - Appalaches region:
- Approximately 3,750 people work in this occupation.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 86%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 12%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: