Job prospects Food And Beverage Server in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Food and beverage servers in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a food and beverage server.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food and beverage servers in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 5,070 people work in this occupation.
- Food and beverage servers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 92%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: