Job prospects Snowmobile Operations Guide in Ontario
Job opportunities for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) are limited in Ontario over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a snowmobile operations guide.
Job opportunities in Ontario
The employment outlook will be limited for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) in Ontario for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Outdoor sport and recreational guides in the Ontario region:
- Approximately 550 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Outdoor sport and recreational guides mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 39%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 34%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 68% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 32% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 22% of outdoor sport and recreational guides work all year, while 78% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 25 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 15% of outdoor sport and recreational guides are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
|Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kingston–Pembroke Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|London Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Muskoka–Kawarthas Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northwest Region||Limited Limited|
|Ottawa Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Toronto Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: