Job outlook Snowmobile Operations Guide near Canmore (AB)
Job opportunities for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) are limited near Canmore (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a snowmobile operations guide.
Job opportunities near Canmore (AB)
The employment outlook will be limited for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
This tourism-related occupation is expected to remain in demand; benefiting from a Canadian loonie to US Dollar exchange rate that is favourable to U.S. visitors. There is increased seasonal demand within tourism-oriented communities such as Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region. Many employees in this occupation are itinerant due to the lack of affordable accommodations within this region. Some larger employers are offering subsidized staff accommodations to attract and retain employees over the long-term.
Here are some key facts about Outdoor sport and recreational guides in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 130 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Outdoor sport and recreational guides mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 57%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 19%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 13%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 6532) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: