Job prospects Hotel Front Desk Clerk near Canmore (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Hotel front desk clerks near Canmore (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a hotel front desk clerk.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation is expected to remain in demand; benefiting from a Canadian loonie to US Dollar exchange rate that is favourable to U.S. visitors. There is increased seasonal demand within tourism-oriented communities such as Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region. Many employees in this occupation are itinerant due to the lack of affordable accommodations within this region. Some larger employers are offering subsidized staff accommodations to attract and retain employees over the long-term.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 600 people work in this occupation.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72):more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: