Job outlook Hotel Front Desk Clerk near Yellowknife (NT)
Job opportunities for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) are limited near Yellowknife (NT) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a hotel front desk clerk.
Job opportunities near Yellowknife (NT)
The employment outlook will be limited for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) in Northwest Territories for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Hotel front desk clerks in the Northwest Territories region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Hotel front desk clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 80% compared to 86% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 20% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 60% of hotel front desk clerks work all year, while 40% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
Job opportunities in Northwest Territories
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Hotel front desk clerks (NOC 6525) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: