Job prospects Bricklayer in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Bricklayers in the Northeast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a bricklayer.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over the forecast period, sizeable investments in education and public facilities will help support the regional construction base. Although the residential market may not see as much development as other areas, there is still some activity in the larger urban centres especially for multi-unit housing.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 300 people work in this occupation.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 79%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: