Job prospects Bricklayer in Québec
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are limited in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be limited for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in Québec:
- Approximately 4,300 people work in this occupation.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 92% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 8% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 15% of bricklayers work all year, while 85% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 16% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Limited Limited|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Limited Limited|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Limited Limited|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Limited Limited|
|Laurentides Region||Limited Limited|
|Laval Region||Limited Limited|
|Mauricie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Montréal Region||Limited Limited|
|Montérégie Region||Limited Limited|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Limited Limited|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: