Job prospects Bricklayer in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are good in Prince Edward Island over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Job opportunities in Prince Edward Island
The employment outlook will be good for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Prince Edward Island for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Prince Edward Island region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 22% of bricklayers work all year, while 78% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 27 weeks for all occupations.
- 20% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 11% for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: