Job prospects Bricklayer in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 250 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 80%
- Non metallic mineral product and primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 327, 331): 12%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 87% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 13% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 26% of bricklayers work all year, while 74% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 12% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: