Job prospects Bricklayer in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are limited in Manitoba over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be limited for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 81%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 10%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 40% of bricklayers work all year, while 60% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 23% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: