Job prospects Bricklayer in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 1,750 people work in this occupation.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 90%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 43% of bricklayers work all year, while 57% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 36% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kootenay Region||Limited Limited|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Limited Limited|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: