Job prospects Bricklayer in Alberta
Job opportunities for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a bricklayer.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 1,450 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 48% of bricklayers work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 24% of bricklayers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Limited Limited|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Limited Limited|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: