Job prospects Bricklayer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Bricklayers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Bricklayers (NOC 7281) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bricklayers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 980 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Bricklayers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Bricklayers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: