Job outlook Carpenter near Fredericton (NB)
Job opportunities for Carpenters (NOC 7271) are fair near Fredericton (NB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a carpenter.
Job opportunities near Fredericton (NB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Carpenters (NOC 7271) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Carpenters in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 660 people work in this occupation.
- Carpenters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 68%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 6%
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Carpenters (NOC 7271) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: