Job prospects Carpenter near Fredericton (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Carpenters near Fredericton (NB). These trends also apply to people working as a carpenter.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Carpenters (NOC 7271) in the Fredericton - Oromocto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Carpenters in the Fredericton - Oromocto region:
- Approximately 660 people work in this occupation.
- Carpenters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 68%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: